Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sick Girl

Darcy's at home sick today. Nick doesn't go in to work until 4:00 so he's got her for most of the day, I've just got to leave early to take over for him to go to work later. She's not throwing up this time, just a lot of what we call "runny tummy" (translation - diarrhea). It's been pretty messy and gross.

She seemed great last night before bed. We were doing crafts at her new little table and we were having a ball. She even wrote me a little song. I had made up a song for her about how much I love being her Mommy. Then she made up a song for me that went something like this:

I love Mommy,
She's my best friend.
I love her every day.

She somehow made that go to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star".

Needless to say, it was the sweetest song I've ever heard!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear that Darcy is sick again.Just sounds like Tiffany when she was Darcys age.Dad and i havent been feeling great today.Take care Darcy hope your feeling better.

Donna

10:34 AM  
Blogger kathryn said...

that is the sweetest little song!! awwww, children at this age are at their peak of cuteness!

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are so many "icky" kid viruses going around. Sounds like you got a really great one! If it's any consolation, apparently they only last 24 hours or so.

Hope Darcy feels better soon!

I love her song! Isn't it wonderful being a mommy!!!

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've got kids with colds in our house today. I prefer that to runny tummy though!! Laura stayed home from school today.

I get the sweet little songs sometimes, but it seems to be after Laura talks back to me. She starts to weasel her way out with a round of "Mommy is pretty-ish". The tunes vary!

Hope Darcy feels well soon!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home