Monday, January 22, 2007

Weekend Update

Well, Darcy was clearly not feeling better. She threw up a few times again through the night on Friday and again on Saturday afternoon. She seems a lot better since then, so we're really hoping it's all over.

My streak of not throwing up while pregnant officially ended last night. I don't know if I caught a bit of what Darcy had, or if it's just a coincidence. Or maybe it's the fact that I'm completely exhausted. Hard to say.

I had to go to London and back on Saturday for a meeting. It was a great, productive meeting, but still an exhausting way for me to spend the day.

This morning I had to be up at 6:00 to do a radio interview about a parenting seminar we're running here at the church. I was so paranoid about sleeping through the interview that I barely slept all night. I'm a mess. It's good promotion though, so I had to do it.

I'm off to the doctor shortly. I think it's too early to hear a heartbeat, but I'm still kind of hoping I can. That would be really cool. A friend was telling me over the weekend about her brother-in-law and sister-in-law who are expecting their first baby this summer. They went to the doctor last week and the doctor said, "Here's one heartbeat, and here's another heartbeat." Her brother-in-law fainted in the doctor's office. The thing is, the doctor was only joking. There was only one heartbeat. I bet he felt like a real jerk after that.

If I hear anything, I'll let you know. In the meantime, I'm just trying to stop gagging and also trying to actually eat some food. It's not easy.

Update: It is apparently too early to hear a heartbeat without an ultra sound (got that booked for Feb. 19). I've also lost 6 pounds in the last three weeks, which isn't cool. I've been given some medicine to deal with the nausea so hopefully I'll be able to eat now.

6 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

Good luck at the doctor, Sue. Hope all's well. You make sure you take care of yourself before you get really sick...

10:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Make sure Nick takes care of you too!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

Nick has been doing an amazing job of taking care of both Darcy and I this weekend. He cleaned up all her "mess" on his own and let me stay in bed in the middle of the night when she was sick. He also did all the laundry on Saturday.

He's been great.

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took medication too. It was called diclectin (I'm not sure about the spelling). What I am sure of is that it helped - - big time!!!! Don't be afraid to take it if you need it.

I laughed right out loud about that Doctor! That is hysterical!
They just told Jeff to "sit down". Pretty much gave it away that there is more than one in the oven!

K xo

7:34 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

losing weight whilst pregnant? never my problem!!!

ha ha!

Hopefully that medication will help you to feel more even keeled?! poor you!! and poor Darcy with her pukes. .

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new pregnancy. That's so exciting!

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home