Friday, February 02, 2007

A Kick in the Teeth

A co-worker of mine has been off sick for a couple of weeks. In order to help out I was working in her office for a while this morning. While I was in her office, someone stole my wallet out of my office.

Not only was my own wallet stolen, but my petty cash from work was also stolen. Both of them were in my purse, under my desk in my office way down the hall separated from the rest of the building.

So, all my ID is gone, my bank card, credit cards, everything like that is all gone. Darcy's ID is gone, along with her immunization record. Two HBC gift cards that we got for Christmas are also gone. I'm just sick about the whole thing.

When we went to the bank to report my Visa card as missing we found out it had been used at 10:45 this morning. I had figured that the wallet had to be taken between 10:00 - 11:00, so that makes perfect sense.

The next few days are going to be pretty frustrating for me as I chase all over the city trying to get all my important documents replaced. Doesn't that sound like fun?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How terrible, Sue. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it is really hard to replace your ID. As long as you have your SIN # or your birth certificate handy, you'll be okay. You need one or both to replace your license, health card, etc.

Good catch with the bank though.

I'm so sorry. Not fun.

Just pray that whoever took your stuff needed the cash, etc., more than you did. Sad though.

Karen xo

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had my purse stollen before in highschool so I know exactly how you feel. I didn't have any money in it tho and it's not like anyone would have wanted my i.d. since I was underage so my purse was stollen for no reason and I had to go through the hassle of getting all my cards replaced in the correct order because as Karen said, you need at least one thing to get the other. I hope everything works out alright.

<3
Steph T.

2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel sick for you!

I've never had to do it, and I don't want to.

Do you have anything left? I heard a while ago to keep your birth certificate and SIN card out of your wallet for just such an event.

Hope it goes well.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh no! That's terrible! I've never had that happen so have no idea how it feels but I'm sure it's not good. Hopefully you won't hit too much red tape.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Sherri Lavender said...

Wow. Pure suckage. And here I was complaining about not getting my passport in time for my free cruise... Ahhh, a good dose of perspective.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Oh Sue, that's terrible! I don't know if I'd be nice enough to care if whoever took your things needed it more than you did. Bastard.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Sue-Ann said...

Hey Sue! I had my purse stolen out of the van last spring when I was picking up the boys from day care. I had gift cards for the Gap, HBC, etc that we had gotten for them for Christmas plus I had more money than usual in there (I don't usually have any cash), and it was all gone. It totally feel like an invasion of privacy. Good luck getting everything replaced. I was remembering things I had in there days after.....

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home