Thursday, February 01, 2007

How Pregnant is That?

The church where I work operates a full day care here during the week. They've got a cook who prepares hot lunches for the kids every day. If there's lunch leftover, staff members can have some too. It's a sweet deal.

This morning, as I was going about my business I smelled pickles. Now, I don't really enjoy pickles, but I have never smelled anything as delicious as that pickle smelled this morning. So when lunchtime came, I went to see what was for lunch and to get some pickles on the side.

There were no pickles!

Clearly my spidey senses had failed me on that one. I left the kitchen with some delicious buttery potatoes, but no pickles. I still kind of want some pickles. Sweet pickles. The ones my Grandma used to call "Bread and Butter" pickles. I think I'm going to have to stop on the way home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's hysterical! did you have the same things when you were pregnant with Darcy?

7:15 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Ha ha ha! I can just imagine how you're feelings. Ya gotta get pickles!

2:25 AM  
Blogger kathryn said...

I love bread and butter pickles!!! Did you stop at the store on your way home and buy some?! *or ask Nick to?!* Nothing like those pregnancy cravings! I wanted things like stewed rhubarb or creamed corn. I even switched completely in my first pregnancy from hating peanut butter to being ready to kill to get some! I still love p.b. to this day.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home