Monday, February 05, 2007

Wallet Update

I'm managing to get most of my ID replaced without too much difficulty. I have a temporary driver's license, and have reported all my other ID stolen and have info on what to do at my doctor's appointment this afternoon without my Health card.

The hard part now is just accepting that everything is gone (bye bye food processor that I was going to buy with my Christmas GC's, bye bye laminated birth certificate, all that). I'm also mad that I have to pay so much to replace all the cards ($35 for each birth certificate, $10 for the driver's license, $10 for each SIN). I feel like I'm getting robbed twice!

Thanks for all your words of encouragement and support. I've heard from a few people about keeping birth certificates separately from your wallet because of this, but that's not really done when you live in a border town. You always have the mentality here that you might cross the border (even though I personally only do it a few times a year), so you always carry your border-crossing ID with you. It's just what we do here. We've got tickets for Sesame Street Live this Thursday night, which we bought in August! We think we've got enough ID to get across the border and back, so here's hoping!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad it's all working out. It's such an inconvenience though. You don't realize how much "value" is in all of the paperwork until you have to start replacing it.

Sesame Street Live!!!! Awesome!!! We'll be there!

K xo

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home