Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Doctor's Appointment this morning

I just got back from my check up with the obstetrician. For the most part, everything seems good. I've gained 4 pounds, the baby's heartbeat was strong, my blood pressure was right on track, all of that is all good.

One concern surfaced from the ultra sound we had done on April 2nd. It's a condition called placenta previa (warning, detailed information included in the link). It can cause severe bleeding late in pregnancy that can be dangerous for me and the baby. I have to go for another ultra sound around week 32 to check on the status of things. From the reading I've done this morning I've learned that this condition corrects itself in over 90% of cases. If it is still present in that ultra sound then we will have to schedule a c-section which should prevent a lot of the problems we could face if I went into labour naturally. My sister experienced this with her last pregnancy and it corrected itself.

So, until the next ultra sound I just have to take things easy a bit. No strenuous activities that could lead to bleeding. I think that means scrubbing the toilet. No heavy lifting, all that fun stuff. Hopefully it will correct itself and this will all be a non-issue.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully it'll clear up for you.

Why is it the 'take it easy' pregnancy comes when you already have a toddler at home?! It's almost impossible!

It would have been easier in my first pregnancy!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Sue-Ann said...

Ok, so I suggest you not worry about your snake fear until after you've had the baby then! :-) Here's praying it corrects itself!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OK - so I know you gave a warning and everything, but I went and clicked on the link anyway. How stupid am I? Honestly. This is just another reason to add to my book.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home