Monday, April 23, 2007

Good Weekend

We had a busy, but good weekend around our house. Both Nick and I had to work at times over the weekend, but we managed to have some good family times.

Nick was either sleeping or gone all day Saturday, so Darcy and I had a great Mommy-Daughter day. We took our first trip of the year to the little park in the next block where she loves to play on the slide and the swings. It's a pretty swampy park, so if there's any rain at all you can't really go there, which is why our first trip took place so late in April. I took the camera with us to document the trip but when we got there I realized it had been put in the case with the power still on so the batteries were dead. D'oh!

Yesterday afternoon was the best. Nick and I were both off and we had a great walk in our favourite park by the Detroit River. After supper we went outside and played with the sidewalk chalk Darcy had gotten for Easter. I managed to get some pictures this time, with the sole purpose in mind of posting them here. However, I was usurped by my husband last night when he posted the best one on his blog first.

I'll close with a conversation that Darcy and I had on Friday:

D: This bathroom is too hot. We need a new bathroom.
Me: Where are we going to get this new bathroom?
D: Maybe the new baby's mommy and daddy can give it to us.
Me: Darcy, who do you think the new baby's mommy and daddy are going to be?
D: I don't know.
Me: Aren't your mommy and daddy going to be the new baby's mommy and daddy too?
D: I don't like that.

Looks like we've still got some work to do there!

1 Comments:

Blogger nickt said...

First come, first served.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home