Friday, December 08, 2006

Even More

My daughter really cracks me up. She just keeps coming up with these funny little conversations. For example, this is what took place last night at dinner...

D: I'm ready for something dessert
S: Darcy, you're having an ice cream cone. That's your dessert.
D: I want something more dessert!
N: What about a baby orange? (that's what she calls clementines)
D: Daddy, that's not dessert, that's for eating!

So Nick started eating his clementines on his own. As soon as she saw that she said "Hey! What about me?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like she's got her Papa's love of desserts. He doesn't think fruit is dessert either.

3:33 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

i don't think fruit is dessert either!!! but it sure is good. . .

Darcy couldn't be more adorable if she tried!!! We have our grandson, James over now, he had supper with us. . he's with Rob now, probably playing with Hotwheels. He got out my summer picnic set from the closet, set the table with it. . presented me with a blue plastic pitcher and said: "Here Nana, you can make us some juice in this!" So I played along and made some lemonade. He even got out the 3 pot candles from the set, so we lit the candles, ate off the plastic patioware and used the plastic utensils. He was so proud of his table-setting prowess. He proclaimed: "Every time I eat supper here with you and Opa and Auntie KK I'm going to set the table." At dinner he was so cute -- firing off these little zingers and one liners, making us laugh. . then all of a sudden he pretended he was on a walkie talkie. . even imitating the static. . "ksssht. . earth to Nana -- more fake static -- I love you! kssshttt.. . . over." I could have cried!!!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home